"Split" duck with winter vegetables
Ingredients (4 persons):
1 duck, washed and checked
Salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 / 2 kg parsnips, peeled and cut into boat slices
2 tbsp. olive oil
250g Brussels sprouts, remove the outer leaves
150 g mushrooms (various sorts), cleaned
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, cut into very thin flakes
3 tbsp. parsley, minced
Red pepper sauce:
2 pcs. red peppers, cut free from grain and stalk
1/2 pcs. red onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 grains black pepper
50 g bacon
1 small can of tomato purée
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 / 2 chicken broth
3 tbsp. Sherry or white wine
- Divide the duck in quarters and rub it with salt and pepper - and lemon zest and garlic on the inside. Put the duck with the carcass downwards on a roasting pan and place it in the oven at 150 ° C for approx. 2h 15 min. Remove the fat during the process. The fat can be frozen and used for other purposes.
- Cut a small cross in the stalk of the Brussels sprouts, and boil them for 3 min. in salted boiling water.
- Mix the parsnips and olive oil together and bake it in the oven with the duck for the last 45-55 minutes.
- Roast the mushrooms in olive oil at high heat.
Cut away the orange peel and the white meat on the orange and cut out fillets. The juice from oranges must be stored in a bowl.
- Add the garlic and orange juice to the mushrooms and then parsnips and Brussels sprouts.
- Season with salt and pepper and finally turn the parsley and the orange fillets in.
- Sauté the red peppers, red onion, garlic, black pepper, bacon and tomato purée in the olive oil for app. 5 min. Add sherry and chicken broth and reduce the sauce to the consistency of the porridge. Cool the mixture and blend it. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Serve the duck straight from the oven with winter vegetables on top and the sauce alongside.
Eat coarse bread with the dish.