Fried organic duck breast with walnut- and bean sugo and leeks mixed with parsley and feta
Ingredients (4 persons):
2 pcs. organic duck breasts
Salt and pepper
Walnuts and bean sugo:
125 g dried white beans
10 pcs. walnuts, finely crushed
1. onion, finely crushed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. tomato purée
3 dl chicken broth
½ dl red wine
1 tomato, chopped
1 tsp. rosemary, minced
1 tsp. sugar
Salt and pepper
Leeks with parsley and feta:
2 pcs. leeks, sliced into rings
1 handful of broad-leaved parsley
50 g feta
2 pcs. heart salad, finely chopped
- Put the duck breast on a roasting pan with skin side down and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the duck in the oven at 200C for approx. 30 min. Take it out of the oven and grill them in a frying pan with a little fat for app. 2 minutes on each side.
- Put the beans in water and let them soak 6-8 hours. Boil them according to instructions on the packaging. Alternatively, a can of white beans can be used here, but then just use 250 grams as the beans are already cooked.
- Sauté the chopped walnuts and rosemary in olive oil for app. 4 min while stirring. It is important that the nuts are not too dark but golden.
- Add tomato, onion, garlic and after a few minutes duck fond and red wine.
- Boil up, add the beans and boil until the sauce has a consistency a la Bolognaise sauce.
- Boil the leeks rings briefly in salted water and mix with the broad-leaved parsley.
- Mix the walnuts and bean sugo with lettuce and serve the mixture on the bottom of the plate. Add slices of duck breast and finally leeks and parsley with feta crumble.