Fried duck breast with horseradish mayo
Ingredients (4 persons):
1 duck breast
salt and pepper
1 pasteurized egg yolk
A bit of salt
3 tbsp. groundnut
2 tsp. grated horseradish
1 cucumber, cut into thin strips
1/2 pcs. red onion, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp. sesame seeds, preferably black
1 tbsp. rapeseed oil
A bit of lemon zest
- Season the duck breast on the underside with salt and pepper and place it in the roasting bag and fasten it by using one of the enclosed strips. Roast the duck breast in the oven at 180 ° C with the fat side down. Preferably put a small casserole on it so that the duck breast is slightly pressed.
Gently use a knife to scratch small lines in the fat side of the duck breast, and roast it in a dry Teflon pan under mild pressure. Turn over the duck breast when the fat is crisp and put it away to chill off.
- Whip the egg yolks with salt, and whip in the oil a bit of time. Season the mayo with grated horseradish and lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cucumber salad together.
- Cut the cold duck breast into thin slices.
- Put thin slices of duck on a plate and pour the horseradish mayo in a plastic bag. Cut the tip of one of the corners. "Pull" the horseradish mayo over the duck slices and serve the cucumber salad on top. Serve with crisp bread.