3 pcs duck drumsticks
7 dl water
1 stalk thyme
1/2 pcs. red onion
3 cloves of garlic
10 pcs black peppercorns
2 tbsp. coarse mustard
12 thin slices rye bread
25 g butter
- Put the ingredients in a saucepan and boil them under a lid for 90 minutes. Remove foam during the process.
- Remove the meat from the drumsticks and put the meat back into the pot. When it boils, let it simmer under a lid for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and let it boil for approx. 5 min until the rilettes have "porridge consistency." Gently whip the mixture is raveled into thin strips.
- Season the duck rilettes with coarse mustard and possibly a little salt. Pour it on the glass and keep it chilled. If you have a little duck fat, it is a good idea to pour it on top of the rilettes.
- Melt the butter and fry the bread crisp on a frying pan at low heat.
- Butter the rilettes on crisp rye bread slices and serve with split Cornichon, chives, lettuce and coarse salt.