Crunchy duck with hot beetroots
Ingredients (4 persons):
2 pcs. duck breasts
salt and pepper
400 g small beetroots, peeled
3 tbsp. sesame oil
A bit of cayenne pepper
3 dl wild rice
4 pcs. carrots, peeled and cut into small batons
1 tsp. rosemary, finely crushed
½ tsp. chili, finely crushed
Salt and pepper
- Cook the rice as indicated on the packaging.
Assemble all the ingredients for the beetroots in a roasting bag. Close with the enclosed strips and bake it in the oven at 180° C for one hour (the beetroot can also be prepared in a dish).
Season the duck on the underside with salt and pepper and place them in roasting bag. Fasten it using one of the enclosed strips.
- Roast the duck in the oven at 180° C with the fat side down. Put a small pan on top of it so that the duck is slightly under pressure.
- Gently use a knife to scratch small lines in the fat side of the duck breast, and roast it in a dry Teflon pan under mild pressure. Turn over the duck breast when the fat is crisp.Remove the duck from the pan and use the fat to roast the carrots
- Add the chili, rosemary and carrots to the pan with duck fat and grill them off at high heat for approx. 2 min. Mix it with the cooked rice.
- Serve the duck slices with carrot rice and hot beetroots. Decorate with a little bit of fresh chili slices.